Sompo Japan Nipponkoa Insurance Inc. (Japan)
SOMPO JAPAN NIPPONKOA INSURANCE INC. (SJNK) is one of Japan’s leading insurance service providers, with a history stretching back to 1888.
SJNK has offices and subsidiaries in 28 countries and regions (164 cities) outside of Japan, and provides a comprehensive range of risk and asset management solutions under a strict customer-first philosophy with good international financial strength rating “AA-“ by Standard & Poor’s, “Aa3” by Moody’s and “A+” by A.M.Best.
On September 1st 2014, SOMPO JAPAN and NIPPONKOA INSURANCE COMPANY, LIMITED (Nipponkoa) has offifially integrated to make a new Sompo Japan Nipponkoa Insurance Inc. The business integration signals the start of a new era for Sompo Japan and Nipponkoa together as a “new solution service group that will conduct all value judgments thoroughly from the customer’s perspective, providing customers with security and service of the highest quality, and contributing to social welfare.”
Corporate Profile (as of March 31, 2011)
- Established: October 1888
- Paid-in capital: ¥70 billion
- Total assets: ¥4,786.3 billion
- Net premiums written: ¥1,256.6 billion
- Employees: 18,708
- Business Network: Domestic: 112 branches, 534 sub-branches, and 45,084 agencies. Overseas: branches, liaison offices, subsidiaries or other bases in 28 countries and 164 cities outside of Japan.
- Head office: 26-1, Nishi-Shinjuku 1-chome, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan
Baominh Insurance Corporation (Vietnam)
Baominh Insurance Corporation (Bao Minh) is a leading insurer with a good reputation in Vietnam. Bao Minh is able to support UIC on local expertise through its nation-wide network of branches and offices.
Corporate Profile (as of December 31, 2010):
- Established: November 1994
- Charter capital: VND 1,100 billion
- Total assets: VND 3,640 billion
- Gross revenue: VND 2,389 billion
- Personnel: 1,854 staff and over 4,000 agents
- Market share: 11.3% (third biggest non-life insurer in Vietnam)
- Head Office: 26 Ton That Dam St., District 1, Hochiminh city.
KB Insurance Company
Established in 1959, KB Insurance Company specializes in non-life insurance. KB provides all types of insurance including property and casualty insurance, marine and aviation insurance, automobile insurance and longterm insurance to individuals and corporations.
Since its establishment, KB has maintained good international financial strength ratings of "A-" grade by A.M.Best and Standard & Poor's
Corporate Profile (as of 2016)
- Established: January 1959
- Paid-In Capital: KRW30 billion
- Total Assets: KRW 28,660 billion
- Head Office: KB Insurance, Teheran-ro 117, Gangnam-gu, Seoul 06134, Korea